Friday, February 26, 2010

My Punctured Boat…


I pushed my boat out of its shed today,
dragged the heavy structure all the way
to the frozen waters of nothingness.

The blistering sun and the mute sky
being the only witness to my cry.

Just to see it ride beyond the numbness,
towards something new,
something unknown, anything beyond my ‘me’.

I followed a call from the other side (of the horizon),
A voice without a name, without an identity,
But it was real, at least to me!

Reality itself has changed now as I can’t read my compass anymore.
In these alien waters, the voice has left me in denial.
With no hope and no respite I reached the other side,
only to find another horizon, another voice.

And I keep sailing on my punctured boat
that I got in legacy from the yellow pages of history

No comments: