Monday, October 12, 2009

The Paperboy


Words form structures,
And people trapped in them,
I see nothing beyond what is shown to me,
I feel something in my head but it’s not me.

I wait on the doorstep for more of it,
Lives waiting to be dead,
This morning would be different, I assume,
No tanks blasting, no buildings going in fume.

What is beautiful and what is not?
What is right and what is wrong?
Just directions,
Leading everyone to their home.

The maze is open at all ends,
Death stares at the prisoner in the eye,
But do you have it in you,
To not know what will become of you?

1 comment:

Bhaswati said...

Every verse composed is open to multiple interpretations. What I infer from ur poem isn’t necessarily what u intend. Nevertheless, if I may, I’d like to let u know, so that u, in turn, let me know if I’m correct or otherwise.
I feel ur poem encompasses a couple of dreadfully apparent facts of our times. People have somehow become vacuous, subjectivity having deserted them. This mechanized world has rendered us mechanical… we don’t even know/understand what we’re doing.. we tend to do everything by rote…we don’t question… our future is blurred. Probably, that again is because we are no more capable of foreseeing what ensues…things that are rather obvious.

Now, this is the only poem of urs that I’ve read so far… it’s very gud… wonderful title..it compliments ur poem very well...

I’d advice u 2 change the template…select one which is in sync with the contents…

keep blogging....